The Bowling Club is located in the South-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne just 20 km from the CBD. The Club is nestled in a natural valley just off High Street Road with easy access from Alvie Road (0.63km west of the High Street Road & Stephensons Road corner- Melways reference 61 D11).
Leaving your car in the large off-street car park you enter the grounds to observe three 7 rink bowling greens surrounded by beautifully manicured gardens and an imposing Clubhouse.
Features of Mt Waverley Bowling Club:
- Two natural grass greens (one bent grass with the second green now being changed to tif dwarf).
- One Dales Premium needle punched Pro-Green Carpet green.
- Year round bowling.
- A comfortable Clubhouse comprising a bar-lounge, a large function room capable of seating up to 180 people, a new commercial kitchen, offices, locker-rooms and toilet facilities.
Games of Bowls at Mt Waverley:
- Bowls Victoria Midweek Pennant competition.
- Bowls Victoria Saturday Pennant competition.
- Wednesday Nominated Jackpot Triples competition.
- Tuesday’s Southern Districts Electric Light Bowls competition.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday Social Bowls.
- Tournaments throughout the summer season.
- Club Championship competitions.
- Mixed Winter Jackpot Bowls – Monday’s, Wednesdays & Saturdays.
- Indoor Winter Bowls.
- Corporate Bowls (please click on the Corporate link for more information).
Membership at Mt Waverley Bowling Club:
We have over 230 members made up from Full members, Restricted members, Electric Light members, Junior members, Indoor Bowls members and Non-Playing members and membership is available for each of these categories. Two-thirds of the total is men members with the ladies comprising the remainder.
For those people new to lawn bowls and wishing to consider joining, we offer their first year's membership FREE of charge apart from the small registration fee of $30.00. For a Nomination form and New Members Information Book please request by email (email@example.com) or visit the Club to collect this material and speak to one of our members. You would be made most welcome at Mt Waverley. Experienced bowlers can also obtain a Nomination form via an email request or from a personal visit to the Club.
All bowlers, and particularly new bowlers, are offered free individual coaching using Club bowls by one of our six qualified coaches. These coaching sessions can be conducted at a mutually convenient time however regular group coaching sessions are also held by our Resident Director of Coaching, Mr. Jim Fary.
Mt Waverley Bowling Club Inc.
Cnr. Alvie Road & Wadham Parade
Mt. Waverley Vic 3149
P O Box 2081
Mt Waverley Vic 3149
Phone: (03) 9807 9506
Fax: (03) 9807 2150
Email – Club Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email – Clubhouse: email@example.com
President: Mr. Richard Sluggett
Vice President: Mr. Bruce Morley
Executive Secretary: Mrs. Jill Anderson
Executive Treasurer: Mr. Peter McDonald